How we handle and use your information
Miles Estate Agents is committed to respecting and protecting our clients’ privacy. As we take your privacy very seriously, we want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe protecting your data is absolutely essential in order to do that.
We may collect, hold and use some of your personal data and so here is a summary of our company’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it.
Definitions and Interpretation
Data. Any information that a user of the website provides to us, through our ‘Contact’ page, or through emailing us relating to any person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that information.
We/Us/Our. Miles Alexander Ltd, T/A Miles Estate Agents, 2 Piffin Lane, Bishops Lydeard, Somerset, TA4 3AS. Company Number 10376182
You/Your. A user of the website
The Website. www.milesestateagents.co.uk
Miles Alexander Ltd, T/A Miles Estate Agents
Our VAT number is:- 251 6957 84
We are a member of the Property Ombudsman Scheme and the National Federation of
Property Professionals. We are regulated by HMRC for Anti-Money Laundering purposes.
If you have any questions about the website or the use of your data, please contact us on 01823 470500 or email us at email@example.com
As a user you have the following rights:
- A right to be informed about our collection and use of personal information;
- A right of access to the personal information we hold about you;
- A right to rectification if any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- A right to ask us to delete any personal information held about you unless we are obliged to retain the information for legal reasons;
- A right to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal information;
- A right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- A right to object to the use of your data for particular purposes.
Except where you contact us directly through any of our contact options available on the Website we do not collect any personal data from you.
If you contact us or send us an email, we will retain the details you provide to us including your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give us.
Using Your Information
Where we hold any personal information, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary, considering the reason it was provided to us.
- Provide details on the properties requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
- Offer or provide you with the services requested, plus any others we think may interest you;
We will delete your personal information once your request has been met or the service has been provided, except where:
- You were interested in details of properties we are offering, when we will continue to hold your information in order to send you information on other properties that may interest you;
- You become a client or a buyer of a property;
- You require us to retain it for longer;
- We are required to retain it for longer for other legal reasons.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your data and to request that we delete it.
We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
Storage of Your Data
Your data will only be stored in the UK.
Accessing Your Data
You have a right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold on you free of charge. Please contact us to make a request at 01823 470500 or email at lydeard.milesestateagents.co.uk
Changes to Our Policies
We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date, as we reserve the right to change this Policy from time to time if our policies change or the law changes. Any changes will be posted on this page of the website and you will be deemed to have accepted changes to the Policy on your first use of the website following the changes.
This policy applies only to your use of this website. The website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us on 01823 470500 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will address your concerns and attempt to solve the problem to your satisfaction.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.